NOTICE: Due to COVID-19 our lead times may be slightly longer than normal. For rush orders, please confirm via phone or email. Common sizes still ship same day.
Discounts up to 40% off are available when purchasing in bulk (10-1,000+). Contact to request a custom quote.
Free Shipping under 150 pounds.
GFRG Drywall Access Door | Lift and Shift, Square Corner
***Order by 12 PM for 0-1 day processing on Quick-Ship sizes: 12"x12",16"x16", 18"x18", & 24"x24" ***
UP's Phantom Panels are the best flush drywall access doors in the business. Made for ceiling applications, these Lift & Shift (gravity fit) panels provide drywall or mechanical contractors easy access behind the gypsum board. Panels are made and calibrated for 5/8" sheetrock (or 1/2" gypsum by taping out the extra 1/8"). Our door panels are computer programmed to match the frames so that every panel fits in every orientation with even gaps on all sides, every time. UP frames include a wooden embedment so bugle head screws, or torque, do not fracture or crack the frames. Every access panel and frame is shipped ready to be taped and painted.
- Fastest Delivery on the Market
- We inventory panels in Amazon warehouses across the country. When you place your order, it's picked and packed automatically with guaranteed delivery (most sizes). For hyper time critical orders, contact us for assistance.
- NYC Based Customer Service
- A customer service rep is always a phone call away for any help you need.
- Made in the USA
Manufactured by one of the oldest running plaster shops in America - never outsourced to Mexico, Canada, or China.
- Full Width Embedments
- The perimeter of the panel contains full width embedments to receive screws without fracturing or cracking the frame.
- Made for 5/8" Sheetrock
Panels made to mount flush with 5/8" gypsum board, reducing installation time. For 1/2" drywall, the extra 1/8" is easily taped out during installation thanks to the tape fin provided on the perimeter.
- Precision Made Molds
No matter which way you put the panel back into the opening, it will always fit. Consistent CNC accuracy within .005in.
- Class A Fire rated
- 0 Flame Spread, 0 Smoke Index, 0 Fuel Contribution, Non-Combustible
- Paint Ready Surface
The face of the panels come pre-filled and sanded - no extra mudding/taping required.
Other Options Available:
- 100's of other sizes with stock molds (custom sizes available as well)
- Gasket sealing
- GFRC (Glass-Fiber Reinforced Cement)
Note: The size specified is the dimension of the door opening itself, not the frame surrounding it. The frame is 3 inches wide on each side. Add 6" to the size listed to figure the rough opening. For example, Size = 18" x 18", Rough Opening = 24" x 24"
Shipping: Panels over 30" require crating, adding additional weight. Orders over 150 pounds will be shipped LTL and charged a fee (calculated at checkout). Orders between 15 - 150 pounds ship free.
- Mount Access Panel Frame to studs with standard drywall screws
- Install surrounding drywall
- Tape joints, fill and sand smooth
- Apply desired finish